Monday, June 23, 2008

Cathedral windows project bag


I spent the whole morning cutting out 1500-2inch squares for a cathedral windows wall hanging I would like for my classroom. I spent another couple of hours ironing the squares into triangles and the rest of the afternoon trying to put them together. Because I am sewing through 6 layers the seam is so thick it is causing my sewing machines to overload. This is so odd since I constantly create cathedral windows and I have never had this happen. I realized the overload is because I am using a fabric from joann's called quilters cotton and it is not as nice as the Kona I am used to using. Thank heavens I only purchased enough for this project.

3 comments:

Toni said...

did you prewash? a new needle? That is crazy with the fabric from Joann's. I don't purchase any more from Joanns and I'm glad.

You have been busy!!

Donna said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You have some lovely quilts and pictures on yours. I will enjoy seeing your work.

Kristie said...

Wow! That is a ton of cutting and ironing! Can't wait to see your progress on it.
Kristie