Thursday, July 10, 2008

Times Remembered /finish it up challenge


Here is a pic of my almost done Times Remembered. I plan on finishing it up before the end of July.
I do not know why I did this but I quilted the blocks first and left the inner borders for last. Never again!!! That was a horrible idea. This quilt will definitely not be displayed in the front of the house. I will hang it in my sewing room as a reminder to never do that again.
My dear son says "Mom, take it apart and re-do it" . Well, I normally would but because I have spent close to a year working on this and many, many months quilting every inch of it, it would be impossible to take all the stitiching out. All my hanging quilts are heavily quilted.
Also, I wish I would have made a better angel block. I am not crazy about angels and was not inspired by that block. I hope to embellish it a bit so it is more appealing.
I will post more pics as it gets closer to being completed.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I'm sorry that you don't like the quilt. I've got a few like that that. They definitely come under the heading of it was a good idea at the time.
I'm lucky in that my mother will take any quilt that I don't like off my hands and display it in her house.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

antique quilter said...

sorry that your not happy with the quilt
YES I have a few quilts like that too.
guess we all do.
you will find a use for the quilt. Maybe it could be a gift? others don't see the mistakes we do on our own work
Kathie

dot said...

I have a few quilts that I don't like the quilting. I have learned that after a few months for years I decide it isn't that bad. Live and learn, that is what happens. I like the quilt and it will be fun to look at.