Saturday, August 23, 2008

Scrap Swap


Reading blogs one morning I came upon a scrap swap. Well since I was in the process of tidying up my sewing area I welcomed the idea. The goal of the swap was to trade a shoe box full of scraps and a large piece or 2 that could be made into something.
Well, I stuffed my shoe box to the top. Had to tape it down actually.My swapper received the box and seemed pleased.
My shoe box arrived and there were no scraps. There was only yards and yards of fabric! I could not believe it! I won the fabric lottery. Some folds had over 2 yards on them. I am actually putting them to use. I am touched by such generosity.
Besides this windfall of fabric, the good thing about this swap was that is went really fast. We only had a few days to get our boxes ready to ship. The turn around time was less than 5 days. Now that's a fast swap!

4 comments:

antique quilter said...

Yes , you were lucky what a box of fabric you received!!!!

JustCindy said...

Looks like you hit the jackpot. Enjoy your new fabrics.

jovaliquilts said...

Woohoo! That's great! I guess people were getting rid of what they didn't need, and everyone was a winner. As the saying goes, one woman's trash is another woman's treasure.

SusanPatch said...

Un saludo desde España. Vengo a visitar tu blog y he visto unos trabajos preciosos. Gracias por visitarme. Nos veremos por aquí.

Hugs from Spain. I´m coming to visit your blog and have seen beautiful quilts and stuff. See you soon in bloggland.
(hope my translation is not so bad)
wow