Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas runner



I emailed Pat Sloan a couple of weeks ago about helping decide how to quilt my "I Believe " quilt since it was her design. She gave me some pointers plus suggested that I get her Machine quilting book which I eagerly went out and bought. I have almost all her books so i was surprised not to find it in my library.
Well the book was a great help in my quilting process but it also had some cool projects in it, this runner being one of them. I appliqued the centers with some leftover Christmas blocks pieces that I had plus I added some holly leaves on the corners.
So basically I did 2 things at one time because the runner was so easy that I had to make it. It is nice when you buy a book that is full of easy and fun things to make.
Thanks Pat.

11 comments:

annemariesquilt said...

Hi..

Thanks for visiting my blogg. I am very impressed with your cathedral windows...
I am going to join the black and white quilt challenge project too..
I guess i will be seeing you around!!
Stay happy and creative..

Tine said...

It looks wonderful! How great to correspond with the designer, and get helpful hints that way :)

Mam said...

Beautiful little runner. I'm still learning how to machine quilt so I'll add her book to my to buy list.

Jean said...

Cute runner. This would make a quick and easy gift for someone! We all need those ideas this time of year.

Eileen said...

Now could you et some ideas in that book about quilting your B&W quilt?
Your table runner is really nice.

JustCindy said...

I just love the way Pat makes time to help quilters with her patterns. Love Pat's books and that one of her books that I look at over and over. I will be glad when I can say "I have all of Pat Sloan's books". Love the table runner, looks like you are busy on your Christmas projects.

Rhonda said...

That is a very good book with great ideas. You did a great job on your runner! Take care.

Karen said...

Very pretty fabric and I like the little circles.

loulee said...

Your table runner looks great.
So nice that a designer replied to your query too.
Quilters really are the best.

Lily Boot said...

oh! I'm so impressed that an author emailed you help! And the runner is very pretty :-)

Anonymous said...

Well done for writing to the designer. I'm not much of a quilter but I love putting the colours together for a patchwork. You're doing a wonderful job.