Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Estate Log Cabin Pillow


I finally put together the log cabin estate blocks I had purchased and blogged about a few months ago. The log cabin was actually a pillow that was very well made. I had to take it apart because it smelled and it was dirty.
I did hand wash the blocks but only one came out clean. The other block still looks dirty and a red cabin is broken. I think the fabric may have been dry rotted.
So I was able to salvage the one shown. I added a green print from my Aunt Grace fabric collection and made a skinny pillow for my back.
If anyone knows how to repair the other block, I will be glad to give it away. Just email me that you want it.

7 comments:

Tine said...

I like the way you found use for this block! It is so beautiful, and the green fabric you added matches it so well!

Helena said...

I think the pillow looks nice, love log cabin....

CindyCrochets said...

The pillow turned out very nice. Too bad about the broken log cabin.

Pat said...

How nice that you so lovingly cared for these blocks so they could see the light of day once more! Too bad about the other one...I have no clue how to fix that.

Debbie said...

wonderful block.... i just love vintage blocks, fabrics... quilts...... loL - i think i was born in the wrong era!

Debbie said...

regarding repairing the other block- put a piece of matching fabric with some "stitch witchery" on it behind the block that needs fixing.... or applique a piece of red overtop of the existing red piece that is ripped or torn....

Jean said...

The pillow looks great. Your fabric blends right in with the originals. Too bad about the other block, but maybe someone will come up with a cure for your cabin!