Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Priority Sewing trays


My neighbor was getting rid of these beautiful wooden trays and asked if I would like them.
Light bulb flashed in my head and a new Priority sewing system was developed!
These trays sit next to my sewing machine and each one has a project that needs to be sewn. There are six trays and I already finished one.
I stack them by what needs to be sewn first.
When done I fill the tray with something else that needs to be sewn or put it away until needed. I like this system. Also the trays are sturdy enough to where I can hold them on my lap and clip threads, pin, etc....

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I like that idea. Must look for some trays like yours. I always have a lot of projects all over the place and it makes a real mess....have to get more organized.

Eileen said...

What a brilliant idea.. very organized.

Jean said...

Great idea!!! I always like things organized too. One person's junk is another's treasure!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I have 12 of those trays and have used them in the past for keeping little pieces of sewing projects together. Terrific for you!!!

Pat said...

Great idea...right now I am using plastic zip-lock bags to stack up my "next" projects......but this is a nice idea, too.

JustCindy said...

What a fantastic idea! You are so organized and I can't seem to find time to pull fabrics to work on a project. Are you doing Pat's new BOM?

Christina said...

What a great idea, I think i'll head to the dollar store and see it I can find something that will work like that. Thank you.

Heather said...

Bet that makes it easy to prioritize which project needs to be worked on first, too. Great idea!

Trudi said...

Now that is the ultimate in organisation!

Gari in AL said...

What a very cleaver idea. And those trays have been around for ages, mostly never being used. You are soooo smart.

Days and colors said...

A clever way to use those trays! It is perfect for projects with lots of little pieces!

karylsquilts said...

Those are dandy looking trays !

I use flat boxes to stack Cut Kits into.

cutecute idea. ~~K

Unknown said...

I have a whole stack of those trays that we use when we eat outside! Great idea to use them for sewing! I think I'll bring a few upstairs to the quilt room and try this. Thanks!