Sunday, March 29, 2009

The most wonderful surprise




Helena was my bag swap partner last spring.
She designed this darling cute spring bag herself and all year I have been trying to replicate it to no avail.
I wanted to make a fall one and accomplished the three stitcheries and the handle which is quilted and binded like a quilt.
That is as far as I have gotten with the reproduction.
Helena and I have been good friends.
Our children's lives parallel each other.
Her son is grown and living on his own like mine and both our daughters are graduating this year.
We both also share the love of our families and the passion for quilting.
Helena finally had her pattern published and I received my copy yesterday!
I am beyond myself.
I am a horrible bag maker and I hope Helena will change all that for me.
Please take a moment to check out her new store.
She used to have her own shop but has downsized so she definetly knows what she is doing.
Congratulations Helena on your new web store!

13 comments:

Lurline said...

Gorgeous pattern and bag - oh, you are naughty, telling me about another store! I have a bad addiction, you know!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Pat said...

What a nice bag Helena made for you. I"m not a great bag maker, either. I just took a peek at her blog and see the prices are in Euros....will have to check this out further at another time......need to get moving now this a.m. Thanks for the link, though.

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a darling bag. How sweet of her to send you the pattern. Now you can get busy and finish your bag and share it.

Jean said...

This is so cute, I will go check out her site! thanks for the tip.

Mam said...

Helena must have been thinking of you, I noticed quite a few flowers on the bag. Thanks for telling me about another great site.

Karen said...

Lovely, lovely bag;) Helena is AWSOME and her stitching/designing is excellent!

Sweet P said...

That bag is adorable!

M. Regina said...

Beautiful bag.Hugs, from Brasil

Eileen said...

How cute is this bag pattern! Can't wait to see you make one. :-)

Carrie P. said...

Congrats to Helena. The bag sure is cute.

Nanette Merrill said...

Wow that is so unique. I love it and it is so colorful.

Anonymous said...

You are one lucky gal to get a new bag and now a pattern to make me one! LOL

Browndirtcottage said...

W-A-Y too cute bag!!