Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Autumn Bag







I go back to work tomorrow and though it is not Autumn I did want to have my Autumn bag already made.
As many of my followers know I take an excessively long time to make a bag.
Anyway, last spring Helena was my bag swap partner and she made me this blue spring bag. I knew instantly that I would want another.
So , while she worked on publishing the pattern, I made my stitchery from the Acorn Hollow book and I made the binding and handle while I waited.
Months later, Helena sent me the pattern and months later I finally made it a point to make this bag.
As you can see, it is not exactly like Helena's because I had made the stitchery prior to the pattern being published so I had to alter it a bit.
I made the flower on the top photo from Natalie Ross tutorial
I love this pattern and I hope to make a Christmas bag like this too.
Go check out Helena's blog. She sells the pattern in her store and it includes stitchery for all 4 seasons.

22 comments:

Pat said...

What a nice bag and what a LOT of work went into it!!!

Susan said...

Beautiful bag! It won't be long and fall will be here...summer really went by quickly this year!

JustCindy said...

Your bag is too cute! If it will make things cooler around here I'm going to make a bag with snow on it. :)

Jean said...

Your bag is adorable!!! I love it and the stitchery is beautifully done. Enjoy your last day of freedom!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Gorgeous bag Betsy and such wonderful stitchery on it! You will be the envy of all this Fall!

crazy4mycrafts said...

The bag is just too cute!!! And I love the Acorn Hollow collection by Nancy Halvorson. She is the best!

Barb said...

I love those bags....I found a tut for the flowers as well...dont know if it is hers....

JRZ Jenn said...

oh wow, you're going back to work already? We go back the last week in August! I hope you have fun this school year - your bag is lovely!

Bonus Mom said...

What a gorgeous Autumn bag!

Anonymous said...

Work....oh dear....well, welcome back to school for you! Don't forget us. At least you've got a brand new fab bag!

Karen said...

Wonderful Autumn Bag! My favourite season. I would use it all year long.

Beena said...

Gorgeous bag!

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

georgeous bag indeed! Sounds really funny hearing people talking about heading for fall (which we southerners know as autumn), when we are bouncing in to spring!

Eileen said...

Oh I really love your stitcheries. Spring and fall are my favorite times of year. :-) Opposite colors on the spectrum.. and I love them both.

Lori said...

Very cute!

Carrie P. said...

Those are just too cute. You did a great job.

Meredith said...

I have that book and I have never made anything out of it! I really like what you have made. Cute bag

Unknown said...

Your bag is wonderful, love the colours! I like to see your version of it!
This year I will finish my winter bag and my spring bag in time and use my autumn bag, it was finished in November last year....
Maybe there will be a Christmas one too....

Toni said...

WOW Betsy, that is stunning! I love fall, it's my favorite season and you did an awsome job to express it's colors and favors :)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your bag looks wonderful. Love the colors.

LaurieStar said...

Hello! Just wanted to say that I love your blog. Thanks for coming to mine and entering my giveaway! :)

Debbie said...

ooohhh.... i just love this bag!