Sunday, December 6, 2009

Our Christmas tree and a blog prize





Finally the house is decorated. I actually did not go overboard this year so as to not stress myself with the clean up process. I actually purged some things which was nice.
Yesterday I received a blog prize from Amanda
It is a Canadian quilting magazine and I look forward to reading it soon. I asked Amanda if she would send me some small scraps for my hexie charm quilt and she sent me this cute bundle. Some of the fabrics in it are from her grandmother. So now my charm quilt will have fabric from Canada. Yay!
Thank you Amanda.

12 comments:

Janet said...

Your tree looks great! I read about your Christmas present from your hubby, wow wee, you lucky thing. He's a treasure.

Pat said...

Your tree looks pretty...and how nice to get a magazine you'd not ordinarily see. I am going to send scraps......when this old brain REMEMBERS to do it!!! (Hopefully, that will be soon.)

Unknown said...

love your tree....can't wait to see that hexie quilt complete

Carrie P. said...

A lovely tree for sure.
Congrats on your gift.

JustCindy said...

Your tree is beautiful! I have some scraps from fabrics that were purchased in NM that remind me of NM. I will send them.

Yvette said...

BEAUTIFUL TREE!

I didn't go overboard either. It can take a day to put stuff up and 3 to put away. Not this year!

Melissa ;-) said...

Your tree is looks huge! Very pretty!

Mandy said...

I'm glad you liked them :)

I'm sure my Nannie will be proud to have her fabric in such a cool quilt! I loved the picture you sent me. I can't believe they're the same sized as a coin.

P.S. your tree is beautiful :)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your tree is gorgeous Betsy! Want to come and put ours up? P.S. It's about 15 degrees here!

Barb said...

Love your tree and what a fun package.....

Birdydownunder said...

wow what a lovely big tree.
May I send you some pieces for your charm quilt.

Karen said...

Beautiful tree! I best be getting my decorations out in the next couple of days.