Sunday, February 6, 2011
Finally finished this block this morning after working on it since January every morning.
I used the reverse needle turn method since I kept getting burned with my iron using the freeze paper method so yesterday I purchased one of those skinny pointed applique irons to try on the next block.
I am not totally happy with this block for several reasons:
1. My points could be better.
2. I need something a little sturdier to stitch under besides a pillow so I am going to add some kind of board on the pillow to make it sturdier.
3. I used Valdini threads to needle turn and when I went to wash the ink from the block, the thread leaked and left yellow stains by the leaves which I quickly tried to wash out with a stain remover. I did not know Valdini threads were not colorfast!
4. My elbow swelled up again from so much appliqueing so I had an unsteady hand.
5. This was by far the most complicated block I have ever made.
I am open to suggestions please.
If you are interested in this BOM, go here at One Piece at a Time.