Monday, March 21, 2011

UFO's completed



I made these mini quilt during the summer just to play with some leftover scraps.
They sat on my design wall for months since I really did not know what to do with them.
I quilted them during Christmas break and I finally got around to binding them.
I am taking them to my little office which is really an over sized closet with boxes to bring a little cheer to my work space.
The pumpkin one is a miniature version I made of the pumpkin quilt I blogged about here several months ago.
I used mostly pumpkins from clip art and quilting books with little pumpkin designs.
I needle turned each pumpkin because it is my preferred method of applique.
I so love anything with fall designs.

10 comments:

JustCindy said...

Don't you just love finishing a UFO? And your UFOs are so pretty and will brighten your office.

Barb said...

Oh....I love both quilts...and that is awesome that you needled turned those pumpkiins. Believe it or not, I love needle turn but most times just take the easy way out.

grendelskin said...

They're both sweet and will definitely brighten up your closet! I love your pumpkins: I do believe that when you put love into a thing it shows, and it's clear you really enjoyed making the piece.

Deanna said...

Big or small, it counts as a finish and will beautify your wall...with fall.

Amy said...

very nice finishes.thank you for sharing,Amy

Yvette said...

Great finishes! You are the UFO finishing master.

Gari in AL said...

When I was still working, I had quilts in my office. I tried to trade them out every month or two just for variety.

Rhonda said...

Great job ..... my favorite is the pumpkin quilt ..... love it.
Did you get the little chic???

Sheila said...

Great finishes ,It must feel great to have them completed and both are just beautiful . I am impressed that you needle turned all those pumpkins , that is a lot of work but it was worth it .

Anonymous said...

Wow you are getting bunches done..it has been a bit since I've been here and was playing catch up. I enjoyed!!