Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Third finish Scarecrow

My dear friend Yvette gifted me this pattern last year from  Bird Brain designs .
It is a stitchery design and I enlarged it and appliqued it.
Thanks to the art teacher at my school I was able to quilt it using zentangle designs. She lent me the book and I was able to quilt it using the geometric shapes as my guide. It was a
 Quiltingfiesta 


Quiltingfiesta

Quiltingfiesta 
lot of work, actually took me two days to quilt it.
I actually finished appliqueing this project late last year but there ii sat in the quilting pile.
Anyone else finished any old projects sitting around?

11 comments:

Sheila said...

What an adorable project , it looks wonderful as an appliqué and your quilting is realllllly good !

Yvette said...

You would never know that was the same pattern. It is awesome done in appliqué. The quilting amazing.

Rhonda said...

You did an excellent job and a great finish. I haven't finished anything lately. Good for you!!

Needled Mom said...

That looks amazing! Great job.

JustCindy said...

That is so cute! I think I have forgot how to sew. :(

Libby said...

That is SO cute! What a great job.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oh look at how cute that turned out - great job! Just in time for fall, hard to believe it's just around the corner already. :)

cyndiofthevortex said...

Good for you for finishing it! This adorable piece deserves to be finished!

Jean said...

I have been working on finishing too, feels good to catch up a bit! love your quilting. I have heard of zentangle, seems like I saw some blocks made that way once...I will have to look it up again!

Barb said...

It is just wonderful!

Thearica said...

I love this!! I am so in to pumpkins lately and that scarecrow is darling!