Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our 1st quilt


Recently I lost everything saved in my computer. I was saddened by this since I had alot of pictures stored and my quilting log.
I was able to save some pictures on my flash drive but for some reason I was not able to save all.
Recently there was some blogging here and there about the first quilt made. Though this one pictured is not my first quilt , it is the first one I made for my husband and I.
The nine patches are made with reproduction fabrics and the rest is Kona snow. This was my first experience with Kona fabric and I instantly fell in love with it. I am so glad I used it all throughout the quilt and even the backing because it is so soft but yet durable.
It fits the top of my bed perfectly but it is not queen size.
It is my favorite quilt to snuggle under and I am thankful to still have it since this was one of the pictures I lost.

12 comments:

antique quilter said...

sorry you lost all your pictures.
I love Kona fabric too and well 9 patches are my favorite block so this quilt is awesome to me too!
maybe you need to make a queen size one too!
Kathie

Mam said...

Oh Betsy, sorry to hear about your computer problems. I'm fortunate that my husband back ups and copies both house computers regularly.

Love the quilt........Mam

Birdydownunder said...

I love the quilt.
I am trying to convert The Scot to send his photos to an online album as well, it acts as a backup.

Jean said...

The quilt is beautiful. Thanks for the reminder that we need to back-up and save files periodically to another drive. I haven't done it in ages, so is on my list for this week.

Toni said...

It does pay to keep a quilting online blog for "computer issues"!!

What a peaceful and beautiful quilt!

Christina said...

I will look for Kona fabric, sound wonderful. Beautiful quilt.

Annette said...

What a beautiful, beautiful treasure your quilt is.

Debbie said...

Oh... that is a beautiful quilt..... it looks antique!!

Dionne said...

I'm so sorry you lost all your photos. But the picture of the very first quilt you made for you and your husband is really beautiful!

Eileen said...

Betsy.. this really looks like a vintage quilt. You did a terrific job!
I am so sorry about all your pictures. That is a tragedy!!

Tine said...

I am so sorry you lost all your pictures. That is such a loss :(
The nine-patch is gorgeous!

Karen said...

I recently started backing up files on my computer. I better get going on my photos.