Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cathedral Windows Trivets




Whenever I can get the opportunity to make something with cathedral windows, well I am just all over it.
Last year I made a cathedral windows trivet for Christmas and I wanted to make a few more to gift.
On a shopping trip recently, I saw this new Christmas fabric called Wintergrafix. It really looks more like winter not Christmas. I made these 2 trivets with it and I am quite pleased because they can be used pretty much all winter. The inside has insulite like a potholder would so it can be used as a hot pad.
I have included the link on my cathedral windows tutorial last November.
If you are interested in making this trivet, you would need to cut out 48-2.5 inch squares. Connect them as stated in the tutorial and complete it like a mini quilt except you will add insulite instead of batting. Add a back, and bind.

15 comments:

Barb said...

Those are so cute...

Micki said...

They are lovely, and what a good idea to make them into a mini quilt.
Micki

Pat said...

I need to look at this tutorial. If you say you make cathedral windows a lot, I'm thinking you must have found a way to make them that isn't a real pain. LOL

JustCindy said...

The trivets are so pretty!

Tonya's Sewing Room said...

Those are beautiful.......love em

Beena said...

I also need to check out your tutorial. I'd love to do a cathedral windows journal cover!
I love any of Jason Yenter's fabrics. The wintergrafix looks great in a cathedral windows trivet.

Jean said...

Beautiful...I still haven't made the cathedral windows....it is on the to do list. I have looked over your tutorial, and it is great!

Quilt Hollow said...

Now if these just aren't the cutest little gifties! I'll have to take a look at your tutorial...how long do they take to make? Time for me is of the essence.

Anina said...

I've been wanting to try cathedral windows. This is a perfect small project!

Angie said...

These are so pretty, I don't know if I could use them as trivets to set anything on! Love the new fabric!

Karen said...

Very, very pretty!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Love the fabric! These are too nice for Trivets - need to be a kitchen decoration. Great gifts Betsy!

Carrie P. said...

How cool are those trivets.

Janet said...

Those are too pretty to actually use as hot pads. I must look at the tutorial - I've always admired that technique.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Betsy...what awesome trivets...