Sunday, July 20, 2008
What I learned / Finish 5 by end of July challenge
I learned a lot from this quilt:
1. I will not be doing a trunk show anytime in the near future.
2. My applique stitch needs to be longer.
3. Bigger is not better.
4. Quilting this one was not fun. (with my fibromyalgia flaring up , this was a task!)
5. I enjoy the piecing process better.
6. Long term projects do not get the love and respect they require.
7. Smaller is better for me.
8. I hate using flannel in the back. ( it makes my hands very dry)
9. I need to take more classes.
10. Long arm quilting services are starting to look good to me!
11. The quilt police will get me on this one.
This quilt was finish #3. Two to go.
Though I did complain alot about this quilt, it does look good hanging in my sewing room. I am very pleased with my color selection, just not my quilting technique.